On April 10th, over 30 major brands came together to launch the Climate Declaration in Washington, DC. The Declaration is an ongoing effort driven by Ceres’ BICEP program to bring members of the business community together with Members of Congress to address the need for proactive climate and energy policy in the U.S.
On Thursday, July 18th at 2:00 PM EDT there will be a free one-hour webinar for corporate sustainability professionals hosted by Climate Counts and BICEP. This webinar has been designed to offer companies with piqued curiosity the chance to learn more about the declaration in a private, peer-to-peer session where questions and discussion are strongly encouraged.
Mike Bellamente, Climate Counts (Moderator)
Anne Kelly, BICEP
Jim Hanna, Starbucks
We will begin with a broad overview of the initiative before drilling down into specifics tied to the following:
1) What are the primary benefits to signing companies?
2) How are companies garnering internal support for this initiative?
3) Are there any formal obligations expected of signatories?
4) Are there existing media buys/communication strategies that joining companies can sign on to?
5) What are the risks to signing?
We look forward to hearing your perspectives on the Climate Declaration and we hope that you’ll join us in taking corporate climate leadership to the next level.